[squeak-dev] [ANN] Squeak 4.5 Release Candidate 1

Nikolay Suslov nsuslovi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 09:48:41 UTC 2014

Hello Chris,

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 2:19 AM, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:

> A lot of thoughtful consideration, design, and implementation work
> went into it.  It's a major productivity boost.  It alleviates 90% of
> manual sizing otherwise required by the user in a typical day.

As for me, manual sizing and having a lot of opened code browser windows in
quit different visual, geometry forms, defined by own is one of the things
that improves my development productivity.
So, that you could think "visually and tactile", when your interaction with
windows remains invariant and saved. May be, auto-layout (cassowary ect.)
could be activated while resizing the windows, preventing from destruction
effect, but not after that. Thinking, that automatically reposition is more
suitable to one-window-browser development environments, but Squeak from
the beginning is famous for its high creative abilities in manual morph
transformation (rotate browser to the angle of 90 and program in it .)
So, the idea is great! But, may be not for all Squeakers to be activated by
default.

Regards,
Nikolay