[squeak-dev] call for items for the Annual Squeak Shoutout at FOSDEM

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Jan 29 20:21:27 UTC 2014

On 29-01-2014, at 6:03 AM, Edgar De Cleene <edgardec2005 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Here http://squeakros.org/MathMorph.zip you could download a complete small
> old image (4.3Mb) with sources and Mac old VM running MathMorhs.
> Runs in any Mac new and old G4, so should run in Pi with proper VM.

Thank you! (A note - it wouldn’t unzip with the default unzipper on my iMac but was fine with the UnArchiver)
It’s very, very, cool. I think for a quick demo I’d be inclined to build a clutch of action buttocks that would fire off each demo plot and just show one case of the air-typing, simply to save time.

I can’t tell from my very quick look so far - did anyone ever make dynamic plots? I’m thinking having sliders or other inputs immediately affecting the plot. There are a few people I’ve come across online that are interested is trying to use Scratch to teach about algorithms and functions and other mathy stuff, and I have been encouraging them to look at mathmorphs for inspiration. Mixing Scratch tile building with mathmorph function handling and plotting might make a really neat tuition tool, one worthy of ‘selling’ as a classroom app on Pi’s for example.

tim
Useful random insult:- Sailboat fuel for brains.