[squeak-dev] Re: [Vm-dev] Re: New Cog VMs available

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 15:40:53 UTC 2014

Hi Eliot, it definitely seems better than 3018.  Magma's test suite is now
getting about 2/3'rds the way through before the trolley leaves the tracks.
 I guess you may have seen that with the image I sent you.

I spent some more time yesterday trying to narrow the problem down but, as
before, the crash is not always in the same place.  One time it *didn't*
crash but instead got a Smalltalk DNU error which I was able to look at in
the debugger.  It was weird because one of the inst-var references of an
object was pointing to a Block, which is impossible based on the code.  The
block it referred to was in one of its own class' (or, related class')
methods, and had a non-local return in it.  Oh, and this class has weak
index references (and two, strong, named slots).

The issue is very remniscient of the early Cog's, deja vu..