[squeak-dev] Is anyone else running a 64-bit image on a regular basis?

Casimiro de Almeida Barreto casimiro.barreto at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 19:01:45 UTC 2014

On 16-07-2014 00:27, David T. Lewis wrote:

It works but:

a) Seems to be slow (although I'm used to the cogvm which is faster than
SqueakVM)
b) Somethings just itch my ears like:
b.1) Compiler recompileAll fails (and shouldn't)
b.2) Smalltalk condenseChanges that works for 32bit images work, fails
in 64bit image.

b.2 is not that important but b.1 shows that there is code that cannot
be re-compiled and it's not a good sign.

(using trunk updated 64bit image and 4.10.2-2614_64bit SqueakVM)