[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Collections-eem.575.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Sat Jul 19 12:50:25 UTC 2014

Eliot Miranda uploaded a new version of Collections to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Collections-eem.575.mcz

Name: Collections-eem.575
Author: eem
Time: 19 July 2014, 5:49:54.711 am
UUID: b3abf840-44a6-4590-9f3f-e1f02970cf32
Ancestors: Collections-nice.574

Remove obsolete primitive new implementation in
Interval class (SequenceableCollection no longer implements
new).  Use basicNew in from:to:[by:].
Spur has a different implementation of new so easier to
delete the bogus one than duplicate Spur's in Interval class.

=============== Diff against Collections-nice.574 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: Interval class>>from:to: (in category 'instance creation') -----
  from: startInteger to: stopInteger
  	"Answer an instance of me, starting at startNumber, ending at
  	stopNumber, and with an interval increment of 1."

+ 	^self basicNew
- 	^self new
  		setFrom: startInteger
  		to: stopInteger
  		by: 1!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: Interval class>>from:to:by: (in category 'instance creation') -----
  from: startInteger to: stopInteger by: stepInteger
  	"Answer an instance of me, starting at startNumber, ending at
  	stopNumber, and with an interval increment of stepNumber."

+ 	^self basicNew
- 	^self new
  		setFrom: startInteger
  		to: stopInteger
  		by: stepInteger!

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: Interval class>>new (in category 'instance creation') -----
- new
- 	"Primitive. Create and answer with a new instance of the receiver
- 	(a class) with no indexable fields. Fail if the class is indexable. Override
- 	SequenceableCollection new. Essential. See Object documentation
- 	whatIsAPrimitive."
-
- 	<primitive: 70>
- 	self isVariable ifTrue: [ ^ self new: 0 ].
- 	"space must be low"
- 	OutOfMemory signal.
- 	^ self new  "retry if user proceeds"
- !