[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Graphics-nice.298.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Sun Jul 27 14:21:10 UTC 2014

Nicolas Cellier uploaded a new version of Graphics to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Graphics-nice.298.mcz

Name: Graphics-nice.298
Author: nice
Time: 27 July 2014, 4:20:11.638 pm
UUID: 170cf894-37d9-4c00-adc3-8531594246dc
Ancestors: Graphics-nice.297

Rather than commenting uggliness, remove it.

Compatibility notes:
>From now on, DON'T expect (ImageReadWriter formFromStream: yourStream) to reset yourStream. It's not its business, besides it does not work for every kind of Stream.
Resetting a Stream was only ever required for constructs like (ReadWriteStream with: 'someData') reset.
But you DON'T have to use a ReadWriteStream if it's just for reading. Rather use a ReadStream, this way, no reset is required.
If really ReadWriteStream is what fits (why?) then you'll now have to perform the reset by yourself.

=============== Diff against Graphics-nice.297 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: Form>>readNativeResourceFrom: (in category 'resources') -----
  readNativeResourceFrom: byteStream
  	| img aStream |
+ 	aStream := byteStream.
- 	(byteStream isKindOf: FileStream) ifTrue:[
- 		"Ugly, but ImageReadWriter will send #reset which is implemented as #reopen and we may not be able to do so."
- 		aStream := RWBinaryOrTextStream with: byteStream contents.
- 	] ifFalse:[
- 		aStream := byteStream.
- 	].
  	img := [ImageReadWriter formFromStream: aStream] on: Error do:[:ex| nil].
  	img ifNil:[^nil].
  	(img isColorForm and:[self isColorForm]) ifTrue:[
  		| cc |
  		cc := img colors.
  		img colors: nil.
  		img displayOn: self.
  		img colors: cc.
  	] ifFalse:[
  		img displayOn: self.
  	].
  	img := nil.!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: ImageReadWriter class>>formFromStream: (in category 'image reading/writing') -----
  formFromStream: aBinaryStream
  	"Answer a ColorForm stored on the given stream.  closes the stream"
  	| reader readerClass form  |

  	readerClass := self withAllSubclasses
  		detect: [:subclass | subclass understandsImageFormat: aBinaryStream]
  		ifNone: [
  			aBinaryStream close.
  			^self error: 'image format not recognized'].
+ 	reader := readerClass new on: aBinaryStream.
- 	reader := readerClass new on: aBinaryStream reset.
  	Cursor read showWhile: [
  		form := reader nextImage.
  		reader close].
  	^ form