[squeak-dev] The Inbox: OMeta2-Preload-yo.15.mcz

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Thu Jul 31 20:43:33 UTC 2014

On 31.07.2014, at 22:40, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 31 July 2014 21:37, Tobias Pape <Das.Linux at gmx.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 31.07.2014, at 22:34, Yoshiki Ohshima <Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hmm, ok.  This diff has more code than it should have, but I patched
>>> OMeta2 package to make it work in the new compiler regime in Squeak
>>> 4.5.  Hans-Martin, do you think you can take this, and update the
>>> config map (if necessary)?
>>
>> The diff is that big becaus OMeta is not in the trunk repository (and hench
>> not in the inbox).
>>  Did you mean to commit it to http://www.squeaksource.com/OMeta ?
>>  This is also where the config map is.
>>
>> Best
>>        -Tobias
>
> Oh, I do like to see OMeta getting some love!
>
> That repo (http://www.squeaksource.com/OMeta) has _only "preload" and
> "postload" packages. Is that right? I'd sort've expected, from the
> names, that there would be a plain "ometa" package in the middle.

It works like this:

Load the config map, witch says:
	Load the preload
	Load the postload.

The preload is:
	“pre-compiled” Ometa in Squeak
The postload is:
	ometa in ometa (compiled on load by the “pre-compiled” ometa version)
	AND: mark both packages as non-dirty

BTW: this is also one of the instances that use non-trivial PackageInfo trickey

Best
	-Tobias