[squeak-dev] Kedama in Squeak 4.5

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 01:16:51 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 9:53 AM, Nicolas Cellier
> I wanted to test if my new handling (handleSignal:) was Tweak compatible.
> But, http://www.squeaksource.com/TweakCore is not currently loading in
> Squeak4.5 due to several uncompatible changes:
>
> - Tweak requires 'allow block argument assignement' preference to be true,
> that's the first thing which should be mentionned on the squeaksource page
> - Tweak is subclassing Compiler, but the Compiler changed (Introduction of
> CompilationCue by Colin)
> - Tweak is extending MultiDisplayScanner, but this class vanished (It should
> now be BltDisplayScanner).
> - Tweak is using this weird literal syntax that has been retracted: (self
> flag: #1). should be (self flag: 1) instead.
>
> Is there any interest in upgrading Tweak to latest trunk?

Yes.

And, ever since Yoshiki showed it in 2006 I have been itching to
explore Kedama.  I would love if that could work in a modern trunk
image too, does anyone know how?

What could be more fun than exploring emergence with a Squeak-based
particle simulator at 30K feet?