[squeak-dev] Squeak Swiki (was: Proposing class Category README or HOWTO for easy access to documentation within the system)

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Jun 12 23:19:46 UTC 2014

On 12-06-2014, at 4:04 PM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 02:25:37PM -0700, tim Rowledge wrote:
>>
>> The problem is that writing good help & tutorial content is hard work. Take a look on the swiki to see how several groups and individuals have tried to build tutorials and lost steam after a while. I?ve been trying to clean up and update some of it but it takes a lot of thought and a startling amount of time.
>>

> I don't know if anyone has mentioned it recently, but the updates to the
> swiki are very good. I can now go to http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak and get
> an overview of Squeak, with links that quickly get me to useful content.
> Big improvement.

It’s a slow process - a lot of the changes to the front page I did over a year ago and some at the end of last year! I’ve tried to clean up the documentation & ‘squeak books’ pages, and made a start on pulling together some old and new tutorial stuff to try to make a coherent whole. It’s a huge project. More input needed.

tim
Calm down -- it's only ones and zeros.