[squeak-dev] New Cog & Spur VMs available

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 02:46:54 UTC 2014

Hi Stéph,

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 4:38 AM, Stéphane Rollandin <lecteur at zogotounga.net>
wrote:

> I got a crash right away with newest cogwin when opening my usual working
> image. No simple case easy to reproduce yet. Dump is attached.

Thanks.  This is fixed in VMMaker.oscog-eem.772.  It was an overzealous
bounds check on a relocated call of an interpreter primitive.  The VM
complained and aborted because the interpreter primitive;s address was out
of the code zone (as of course it should be; it is in the interpreter)
 i.e. the VM should not have performed the check and should not have
exited.  Apologies.  I'll be building and uploading new VMs soon.

--
best,
Eliot