[squeak-dev] Cog binary + cogdeb.zip = Cog.deb

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Wed Jun 18 12:11:55 UTC 2014

Hi Bert
Linux distros never package binaries compiled by someone else (*). What they need is a source tar ball that builds cleanly, and a list of dependencies.

 hmmmm....

CMakeVMMaker has a CMakePluginGenerator and CMakeVMGenerator; I have a hunch a CMakeSourceDistroGenerator would fit right in.

The Design of CMakeVMaker is a big-ole Visitor pattern where configurations visit the Generators. We should be able to have them visit a CMakeSourceDistroGenerator and provide it
with the relevant information.

I will put in a stub-class for it as a reminder to look at when release 1 of this puppy is ready.

cheers.

tty