[squeak-dev] Urgent, Spur users please read, was: The Inbox: Kernel-kfr.858.mcz

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Thu Jun 19 13:14:22 UTC 2014

Hi.

> getimothy is seeing performance issues and timeouts, hmm, I wonder
> why? I suspect it's because there are so many files in one
> repository, it's just taking longer and longer to read that directory.
> Combining multiple branches into one repository exacerbates that
> problem.

FWIW, the performance issues are not there today. I live in a fairly remote area, and internet is "interesting" at times, so that was probably the cause.

Also, if you think it will help things, feel free to nuke the repo and I can start the contributions from scratch. There are at least 2 false starts/approaches in that history that are not worth preserving for posterity--except for chuckles and examples of "how not to write software (: "

-tty.65 or so represents a cleaner start to the project.

cheers.

tty