[squeak-dev] MenuMorph fitting to height of screen/window/etc

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Jun 20 18:30:50 UTC 2014

On 20-06-2014, at 10:10 AM, karl ramberg <karlramberg at gmail.com> wrote:
> You can click and drag on the 2-3 outermost pixels on each side of the menu to reposition it.
> You can also right click to get to the halo and use a handle to move the menu.
> But it a automatic handling of long menus would be nice.

Exactly; and in Scratch I need to prevent the menu-edge drag and halo, just to make things more fun.

> Actually PopUpMenu already handles this issue, the functionality could be implemented in TheWorldMenu

True, though it does it via a rather annoyingly long and complicated process of fudging the mvc/custom/etc menus into menumorphs; something I’d prefer to avoid if possible. I guess that it might be the best practical answer for today though.

tim
Useful random insult:- Looks for the "Any" key.