[squeak-dev] Cog Spur Linux pthread error?

Chris Cunnington brasspen at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 00:48:00 UTC 2014

On Jun 20, 2014, at 5:39 PM, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Eliot,
>
> I thought I'd take a stab at setting up a CI job for Spur VM+Image,
> and after futzing around with filenames, got an actual execution of
> the VM. And then things broke. The full output's here:
>
>    http://build.squeak.org/job/SqueakTrunkOnSpur/6/console
>
> but the error itself is this:
>
>    pthread_setschedparam failed; consider using ITIMER_HEARTBEAT:
> Operation not permitted

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2014-June/178611.html

There are three Cogs, right:

coglinux
coglinuxht
cogmtlinuxht

I have encountered the same problem testing for Altitude on Ubuntu. Exact same error as you can see from the link attached. This only happens with cogllinuxht and cogmtlinuxht. The quickest way to solve your problem is to switch from coglinuxht, which you are using, to coglinux.

FWIW,
Chris