[squeak-dev] Latest 4.5, SqueakMap, and SharedPools

Chris Cunningham cunningham.cb at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 21:18:32 UTC 2014

Hi.

I just downloaded a new Squeak 4.5, upgraded to the latest changes in
Trunk, and started loading packages I needed into it.

First I round a little bug in SqueakMap (SMBase), where it couldn't create
a directory in Windows.  There is a fix for this in the inbox - no idea
what it would do to other platforms, but it works well on Windows.

Next, I loaded FFI and ODBC from SqueakMap.  After loading those, I noticed
that ODBCConstants are in the Environment as a Dictionary, and not as a
SharedPool as it was loaded in the olden days (Say, 4.3).  Is this an
Environments bug?  Or something else?

any ideas how I would get it back to being a SharedPool?

Thanks,
-cbc