[squeak-dev] use of underscores in selectors

Douglas McPherson djm1329 at san.rr.com
Thu Jun 26 06:19:48 UTC 2014

I want to use underscores in the selectors which define external functions, to match the external function name as much as possible. So I checked the preference "allowUnderscoreSelectors". I can define and use such selectors, however each time I browse a method whose selector has an underscore, I get the attached modal pop-up:

This seems to happen in both 4.4 and 4.5.

Is there something else I am supposed to do to properly enable underscores in selectors?

Thanks,
Doug