[squeak-dev] Re: Latest 4.5, SqueakMap, and SharedPools

Chris Cunningham cunningham.cb at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 14:23:04 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 12:14 AM, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 25 June 2014 23:42, Chris Cunningham <cunningham.cb at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I think it is Monticello.  I also had this same problem trying to load in
> > FFI-Win32 - the Win32Constants won't load correctly.
> > I've noticed this issue for a while, but never got around to tracking it
> > down.
> > It is interesting - if I browse the package from Monticello, I can see
> the
> > definition (SharedPool subclass) - copying that into the System Browser,
> > can execute it there, and then the rest of the process goes forward just
> > fine.
> >
> > If noone else gets to this, I'll probably try to track it down in the
> next
> > week or so.
>
> I can't remember the details now, but look in squeak-dev's archives;
> I'm pretty sure Dictionary vs SharedPool has come up in conversation
> in the last year.
>
> frank

Ah yes, early January this year (this thread:
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2014-January/175783.html
).  Not exactly this issue, bu t you did mention back then that SharedPool
should be part of 4.6, along with various other folks mentioning that
SharedPool hadn't been quite finished.