[squeak-dev] anyone object if I add "More About Squeak..." to Squeak menu?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Jun 26 21:38:18 UTC 2014

On 26-06-2014, at 12:43 PM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like "More About Squeak..." to open a SystemReporter.  Any objections?
>
> Any votes for replacing the 'About Squeak...'  pop-up with the SystemReporter (my preference)?

Well, almost. The problem is that the SystemReporter tells one about this particular Squeak and its state, not a thing about ‘Squeak’ as a whole. So if we change the menu item to read ‘about this Squeak system’ that would be consistent. ‘About Squeak’ really ought to open one of the help windows or better yet the one single help window that we really ought to have, pre-selecting a page that gives a nice oveview.

tim
Strange OpCodes: HCFI: Halt and Catch Fire Immediate