[squeak-dev] Is there a preference for this?

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 05:36:38 UTC 2014

The idea was to address a long-standing issue with Smalltalk devlelopment;
unnecessary window proliferation.W

One nice thing about that preference is you can easily tell when two
objects refer to the same object.  By inspecting the reference from the
first place, you get the inspector window, then inspect it from the second
place, did it open a new window? (different reference) or re-top the
original inspector (same reference)?

The benefit is clear and tangible, and there are mutiple ways to get
multiple browsers onto the same object even when the preference is set.  Why
would you be annoyed by less redundancy?