[squeak-dev] Intent to upgrade box4 VM from VMr.2776 to VM.r2987

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Jun 29 22:27:07 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jun 29, 2014 at 11:20:10AM -0500, Chris Muller wrote:
> Didn't Levente ask us to use stable VM's for production services?

Yes he did, and we definitely should follow Levente's guidance here. That
said, there is no reason that we should not use new and experimental things
on squeak.org, as long as the changes are done in a controlled manner under
Levente's guidance. I think that Chris C has done exactly the right thing
here by announcing his planned changes in advance, and checking for problems
before actually making the change. Granted, there have been some cases where
we have all been careless in these matters, but I think that this proposed
change is being handled in the right way :-)

Dave