[squeak-dev] Is there a preference for this?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Jun 30 01:59:59 UTC 2014

On 29-06-2014, at 4:46 PM, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:

> OTOH, window proliferation has been a common complaint of Smalltalkers for years.  Just recently on the Pharo list, in fact.  Squeak can show that it has addressed that complaint elegantly, and so it should.

It has? I’ve never come across it myself, I have to say. I like having lots of windows, but it’s possible that is a side effect of having grown up where you couldn’t do that.

For users that like having these multi-windows I can’t help wondering if making it look more like the tabs we’re getting used in web browsers might be good. At least that provides clear visual feedback on what is there.

tim
I came, I saw, I deleted all your files.