[squeak-dev] How do I create an MCZ file?

JohnReed Maffeo aldeveron at graffiti.net
Sat Mar 1 16:02:00 UTC 2014

 ----- Original Message -----

Thanks! This is where I got stuck. I did read a lot of documetation and code yesterday, but I never quited made the connection of selecting the two objects and clicking the 'Save' button.

I guess I was blinded by my assumptions. The SS3 web site offers me the opportunity to upload a file, but it has to be in MCZ format. My expectation was that there should be a popup menu item similar to #fileOut somewhere and I just couldn't find it.

Now that I see how the file is created, I understand the Monticello philosophy better. I can use my local repository for day-to-day development and publish periodic point releases to an external, shared repositiory.

My next challenge will be to learn more about refactoring.