[squeak-dev] Re: working on the All-In-One

glenpaling slp5591 at me.com
Sun Mar 2 00:57:25 UTC 2014

Eliot Miranda-2 wrote
> On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 1:57 PM, glenpaling <

> slp5591@

> > wrote:
>
>> Nothing to fix, just replace the old VM files with new ones and edit the
>> image name in info.plist.
>>

> I'm confused.  I thought the CogVM didn't start up out-of-the-box on
> Mavericks, that it needs to be signed in some way.  That's what I hope
> will
> be fixed.
>
> --
> best,
> Eliot

With the Cog VM files properly placed within the All-In-One, the OS just
complains that the application is from an unidentified developer. This can
be overridden in the security preferences. Similar things happen with
Windows and--I imagine--Linux. Preventing it requires code signing, I'm
looking into it, I'll report back.

Glen