[squeak-dev] All-In-One updated with Mac VM

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 22:23:45 UTC 2014

Hi Tobias,

>> Chris, please consider this:
>>
>> My mail from 02.03.2014, at 23:03,

--snip--

Yes, sorry, I did consider your mail..  A while ago, in fact.

   http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2014-January/176249.html

We did not create new sources since V41 because a couple of us have
ideas about what we want that to do.  Eliot has an idea and I,
personally, want to avoid "island" releases where each method version
is totally alone with no context from its prior version.  I want each
release to have the current version for each method, plus the version
from the prior release.

Sounds like there is some motivation to work on this for 4.6.  We
haven't cared about "size" much last few releases but I know it will
be a factor in 4.6 or soon thereafter, where we'll address not just
.changes but other aspects as well.

Regards,
  Chris