[squeak-dev] Re: All-In-One updated with Mac VM

glenpaling slp5591 at me.com
Wed Mar 5 13:19:56 UTC 2014

Chris Muller-3 wrote
> I'm not sure where we left off in the other thread -- I don't want to
> jump ahead of Tobias or Glen, but just in case I went ahead and
> uploaded a new All-In-One
>
>    http://ftp.squeak.org/4.5/Squeak-4.5-All-in-One.zip
>
> which replaces the Mac VM with Eliots latest.  Where .bundle
> directories existed in the old and new, I first removed the entire old
> before copying in Eliots (so it wouldn't "merge" those directories).
> Eliot said the extra plugins from the prior VM should work as-is.
>
> The only two files left intact from the old VM are:
>
>   ./Contents/MacOS/Squeak VM Opt
>   ./Contents/MacOS/Squeak VM Opt.sig
>
> but these might be the ones we replace when we sign it.  Craig has
> volunteered to do this but maybe a Mac owner should at least give it a
> whirl first really quick.
>
>  - Chris

Chris, I recommend you take the Info.plist from the Cog VM package rather
than from the older All-In-Ones. There are quite a few differences (that I
don't understand). There's may be information for the Cog VM that's
different than for the old interpreted VM.

I'll test the latest 4.5 signed by Craig.

Glen