[squeak-dev] Scratch 1.4 on squeak-vm 4.10

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Mar 13 22:49:28 UTC 2014

On 13-03-2014, at 3:37 PM, Gustavo Duarte <gus.duarte at gmail.com> wrote:
> You are gave me an awesome tip.
>
> I loaded a Squeak3.9a.from3.0.image, and tried "full screen on" and "full screen off" from Menu, and after "full screen off" same error happened. The screen turned up white and nothing else i could did. As i started from terminal, i finished the application with ctrl+C.
>
> With this test, could we say that the issue is inside squeak-vm code ?
>
> Other suggestion to follow  finding out where is this bug ?

I’d say that strongly suggests a problem in the code setting the screen mode; you’ll find it (for unix) in platforms/unix/vm-display-X11/sqUnixX11.c at the function  display_ioSetFullScreen(sqInt fullScreen). Since it works on many unices and has for a long time I imagine it means some problem with the specific machine’s display driver code. That could be all sorts of fun to solve. At the very least you’ll need to find an X expert, which is not me.

tim
BASIC is to computer programming as QWERTY is to typing.