[squeak-dev] Switch full screen ON to OFF

Gustavo Duarte gus.duarte at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 15:02:09 UTC 2014

Hi all,

This post comes from an old thread named as "Scratch 1.4 on squeak-vm
4.10". I renamed this topic to be more clear regarding what the problem is.

After followed suggestions by the list on the previous thread, I realize
that the problem isn't on Scratch, instead could be on the squeak-vm.

I did a test, using squeak-vm 4.10 with Squeak3.9a.from3.0.image, when
go to full-screen ON and then switch to OFF, the Squeak is hangs and the
windows turned white.

To figure out whats is happening, at this point, i have (i think so) two
options to following researching:

1) Execute the fullscreen ON-OFF from Workspace.

     I found that full-screen ON-OFF is performed by ScreenController
class and fullScreenOff and fullScreenOn methods.
     How I should call this class from Workspace ?

     I tried something like:

     ScreenController initialize fullScreenOn

     And an exception was arised.

2) This option could be hardest, i guess. Download squeak-vm source, add
debug code on sqUnix11.c and debug it.

I would like to start from option 1, that seems like effortless.

Some another suggestion ?

Thanks in advance.

Gustavo.