[squeak-dev] Switch full screen ON to OFF

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Mar 18 05:20:49 UTC 2014

Hi Ian,

I have a desktop computer running KDE on SuSE. Native screen size is 1280x1024. On
this machine, full screen on/off works normally.

If I log on to this same SuSE machine with Gnome, this also works normally.

If I reboot the same machine into Ubuntu 12.04 LTS with Unity window manager, I see
the problem as described by Gustavo.

I also have a laptop with Ubuntu 13.10 and Unity window manager. Native screen size
is 1920x1080. This machine also produces the problem as described by Gustavo.

So the problem does not seem to be associated with hardware or screen resolution.
It does seem to happen on Ubuntu with Unity, and on at least two different (recent)
versions of Ubuntu/Unity.

My SuSE system is rather old, so the KDE and Gnome that I tested are also old. The
Ubuntu/Unity systems that I tested are of much more recent vintage.

Dave