[squeak-dev] Re: Is the source for squeak.org available as a download

Colin Putney colin at wiresong.com
Thu Mar 27 19:34:41 UTC 2014

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 1:25 PM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:

> ChrisC pointed out that the Altitude image etc is at
> http://www.chriscunnington.com/squeak.org.zip
> Use the do-it in the squeaksite.st file to start up, aim your browser at
> localhost:8264 and play away.

There's no documentation for Altitude, but I'm happy to answer any
questions here on the list. Chris has been a brave pioneer in adopting
Altiude, so my hat goes off to him!

> Frankly the combination of fairly raw html assembly and CSS scares the
> hell out of me and I ran away, very fast.

Lately, I've been writing apps that have static HTML and CSS served off the
filesystem, with the server generating only JSON. That tends to be better
for fancy modern UI. :-)

Colin