Re: [squeak-dev] Re: Is the source for squeak.org available as a    download

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Thu Mar 27 20:11:47 UTC 2014

I think it is important to have the source to the site to encourage "crazy ideas" being developed by interested parties.

If somehow, I get the time, I was thinking along the lines of "user distro's" that are tailored to the quirks of a user's interests--things like  funsqueak, or the Seaside all-in-one.
I know that Nicolai Suslov has his interests that are interesting.
It would be very helpful to have a cut of whatever Eliot is developing on available for download as a zip.
Steve Wessel's has done some interesting things

I do know that without the source code, it would never happen even if I do get the time.

Thanks again for the source.

tty

---- On Thu, 27 Mar 2014 11:25:41 -0700 tim Rowledge<tim at rowledge.org> wrote ----

> On 26/03/2014 9:25 AM, gettimothy wrote:
>> First, thank you for the new site. It looks great.
>>
>> Is the source code for squeak.org available for people to putter with
>> and try out new ideas?

ChrisC pointed out that the Altitude image etc is at http://www.chriscunnington.com/squeak.org.zip
Use the do-it in the squeaksite.st file to start up, aim your browser at localhost:8264 and play away. Frankly the combination of fairly raw html assembly and CSS scares the hell out of me and I ran away, very fast.

tim
Don't sweat petty things....or pet sweaty things.