[squeak-dev] How to find Undeclareds?

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Tue May 6 19:13:36 UTC 2014

On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 11:33 AM, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:

> After updating a Squeak4.5-13680 image from the 'squeak45' repository,
> I'm left with one "EnvironmentRequest" in Undeclared.
>
> What is the best way to track this down and remove it?

If you inspect Undeclared (e.g. via the do menu's Undeclared
removeUnreferencedKeys; inspect) and you say references do you see a method?

If not, it's likely that an unbound method is referring to the binding.  In
which case you can try e.g.

CompiledMethod allSubInstances select: [:m| m refersTopLiteral:
theUndeclaredBinding]

Otherwise you can try the PointerFinder.

--
best,
Eliot