[squeak-dev] Squeak 4.6 suggestion for default comment: change "a Foo is xxxxxxxxx" to "I "

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Sun May 11 15:49:29 UTC 2014

That's a good point from the perspective of making the physical entry
of a class comment easier.  A default comment of "I " would saves two
keystrokes per class comment (instead of having to type Command+a, "I
").

The only possible disadvantage I can think of would be for newbies.
Simply, "I ", as a default comment does not provide an exemplar that
reveals the purpose of that pane as much as "A Dude is xxxxx".  A lone
"I " there might appear to them as something incomplete or a bug.
Maybe a balloon help on that pane explaining it could alleviate that
issue..