[squeak-dev] Re: shortening the World menu

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Sun May 18 16:05:43 UTC 2014

Yes, the world menu seems overloaded. But you cannot just remove some entries
because you can find them somewhere else. There is no shorter access to the
tools "Browser", "Workspace", "Transcript", "Test Runner" besides using a
keyboard shortcut. The "Open..." Menu involves additional navigational
overhead (point&click&point&click...). Even the world main docking bar
involves more mouse navigation overhead than using the world menu.

However, I vote for refactoring those things:

Save
Save as...
Save as new version
Save and quit
Quit

...because I often accidentally fail to select the correct one. :) In
particular, I don't like "Save and quit" and I don't like having "Quit" near
"Save". :) Who uses "Save as new version" if we've got "Save as.."? I just
spoils new versions by accident...

Best,
Marcel