[squeak-dev] What's up on build.squeak.org

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Sat May 24 20:36:41 UTC 2014

Hi,
it seems that most of the builds are red for 2 months.
I checked the last artefact for squeak trunk:
http://build.squeak.org/job/SqueakTrunk/853/

It's still blocked with the [Warning signal: 'About to serialize an empty
package.']
With this warning, a test never time out (I don't know why exactly, but it
seems that theProcess monitored by the timeout watchdog is already
suspended by the Warning)
As a result, the tests do never complete and are aborted after 20 minutes...

Chris has fixed the problem since, but it seems that the CI does not upload
latest trunk.
Why?
It seems to be the same problem as the TestRunner: updating triggers the
same [Warning signal: 'About to serialize an empty package.']
Ah Chris, it's irony that it's you who precisely keep on fighting modal UI
;)

Now the question: how do we escape from this situation?
Shall I cheat and modify the update that is blocking?