[squeak-dev] Re: What's up on build.squeak.org

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Sat May 24 20:58:50 UTC 2014

nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
> it seems that most of the builds are red for 2 months.
> I checked the last artefact for squeak trunk:
> http://build.squeak.org/job/SqueakTrunk/853/
>
> It's still blocked with the [Warning signal: 'About to serialize an empty
> package.']
> With this warning, a test never time out (I don't know why exactly, but it
> seems that theProcess monitored by the timeout watchdog is already
> suspended by the Warning)
> As a result, the tests do never complete and are aborted after 20
> minutes...
>
> Chris has fixed the problem since, but it seems that the CI does not
> upload latest trunk.
> Why?
> It seems to be the same problem as the TestRunner: updating triggers the
> same [Warning signal: 'About to serialize an empty package.']
> Ah Chris, it's irony that it's you who precisely keep on fighting modal UI
> ;)
>
> Now the question: how do we escape from this situation?
> Shall I cheat and modify the update that is blocking?
>

> So I decided to cheat:
I brought update-eem.279 to the surgery block and reverted
CommandLine-fbs.3 -> CommandLine-fbs.2
CommandLine-fbs.3 tried to be smart and workaround the Warning problem, but
before it had a chance to load, it precisely triggered this Warning!!!
Since this update is also bringing Chris fix, let's defer CommandLine-fbs.3
to next update (eem-280) and cross fingers...