[squeak-dev] Mac midi sound weirdness - it gets louder for first few notes.

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Nov 7 01:21:21 UTC 2014

On 06-11-2014, at 4:31 PM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:

> On 07.11.2014, at 00:49, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
>
>> On 06-11-2014, at 2:48 PM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Here is what I hear:
>>> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9643745/tmp/scratchmidi.mp4
>>
>> Yup, that’s it. A little louder each note until levelling off.
>
> Check your soundcard / amp / speakers / ears / brain. It does not get any louder.

It really truly does on my iMac. I don’t have any clever sound software so far as I know, iTunes isn’t doing an crossfading that could confuse things, very confusing.

I recorded your sample playing on my iMac - which Bridget agrees clearly gets louder, so it’s not just my tool-mangled ears - and put it here -
https://copy.com/TntqoL6EBUQkYNth

tim
Quality assurance: A way to ensure you never deliver shoddy goods accidentally.