[squeak-dev] Re: [Seaside] Someone to tackle failing tests in Squeak?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Nov 11 00:44:09 UTC 2014

On Sun, Nov 09, 2014 at 05:23:00PM +0100, Johan Brichau wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> > Is there a way that I can download an image with the failing tests? Sorry
> > if this is dumb question, but I don't know much about travis-ci.
>
> Sorry, there is no way to save files on Travis CI. It???s a build service only.
> If you want to have a Squeak image with that version of Seaside, you should make it locally yourself.
>
> > These are the failing tests, so I expect it will be an easy problem to debug:
> >
> >  WAExternalFileLibraryTest debug: #testAsAbsoluteUrlRelativeTo.
> >  WAExternalFileLibraryTest debug: #testPathForRequest.
>
> Yes, it???s not much at all.
> Just that we don???t have the spare cycles to also maintain Squeak. I set up the build process to check, but we need someone to follow up and fix. Recently Tobias did some work but he might need some help.

Hi Johan,

I started with Tobias' prepared image from ftp://ftp.squeak.org/4.4/seaside/,
then used the Squeak trunk update stream to perform a full update of that image
to the latest Squeak. This gives a current Squeak with the older Seaside 3.0
loaded. At that point, the two tests are still passing.

Now I want to update this image to the latest Seaside 3.2 in order to find
the cause of the failures. I tried manually loading all Grease packages from
http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/Grease11/main, and Seaside packages
from http://www.smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/Seaside32/main.

I am now getting some test failures related to FileSystem, so I suspect that
I may have loaded some Pharo packages that I should not have included, or
maybe I do not have the correct version of Grease.

Is there a Metacello configuration for Seaside that I should be using to get
me closer to the correct configuration?

Thanks,

Dave