[squeak-dev] Separator character in class names

Trygve Reenskaug trygver at ifi.uio.no
Thu Nov 20 17:32:45 UTC 2014

Hi,
I'm relying on decomposing composite class names.
An example class name is /BB5aBank/
I decompose it into /#(BB5a Bank)/ but am using ugly and error-prone
hacks to achieve it.
It would be very helpful if I could use some kind of separator in the
class name, e.g., /BB5a:Bank/

I've tried brute force by renaming class /BB5aBank /to /BB5a:Bank/
This is permitted and Smalltalk points to the renamed class.
Compiling a method that is using the new class name fails:
/bank := /Expression expected ->/BB5a:Bank new/

I've looked into the Parser code, but got lost.

Anybody have any ideas?

--Trygve