[squeak-dev] Has anyone got a BASIC handy?

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 05:28:56 UTC 2014

Hi Blake. I can concur with some of your "rambling." In fact I do intend to do a rough translation of one of the games in the book.

What's great about printed BASIC listings of games is that they tend to be relatively short, so they're fun to reimplement. That said, before doing an implementation of something, it helps to understand the original program very well. Arguably, the best way to understand a small program is to type it in, and deal with whatever bugs crop up right?

I'd ideally be doing this in Squeak from the start, but I'm already into using an Apple IIGS emulator to get started.