[squeak-dev] Camp Smalltalk Vanisle presentation - Squeak Services

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Mon Oct 6 09:49:03 UTC 2014

Hey!

On 10/05/2014 03:00 PM, Chris Cunnington wrote:
> *2. SMServer: Seaside2.8 & SqueakSource & Twitter Bootstrap *
>
> - HTTPView2
> - SMBaseView to HVHttpView and its hierarchy; pages as subclasses;
> - SMSqueakMapView>>#default
> - has a Canvas and a Builder like Seaside2.6; compare the Builder to the
> Canvas with #anchorWithPopupAction:name:extent:toggles:do:; moved from
> one method per tag to one class per tag
> - HTTPView2 never evolved to the Canvas it was developing; show
> selectors for #newaccount in HTTPView2

In fact, I started on a new HV2 that reused the canvas from Seaside
basically (and I think Giovanni also worked on something similar), it
basically worked but I then moved on to Seaside personally.

?

> - sm directory with map files and accounts and cache dirs; there is
> /sm/accounts and /sm/cache/; One for the server; one for the client; Why
> does the server have cache directories at all? I don’t know.

Because the idea was that if the original URL ended up broken, the SM
server can still serve the file from its own cache. IIRC this mechanism
still works?

When you add a release and enter a URL for the file, the server should
download it to its own cache.

regards, Göran