[Pharo-dev] [squeak-dev] New Spur trunk image available

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 22:00:52 UTC 2014

> How about releasing the V3 version as Squeak 4.6, and the Spur version as
> Squeak 5.0 at the same time?

Yes, that's the way to go!  They (4.6 and 5.0) should be "equivalent"
with each other -- Everything other than the VM and new restrictions
(i.e., 64K restriction) would be the same.  That way external apps can
"port" to being Spur-compatible without worrying about any other
functionality gaps between the two images causing problems.

> This way we could keep Trunk as is; pushing all changes to Trunk until 4.6
> is released, then - leaving V3 behind - use the Trunk for Spur-only.
> Then any changes could be backported manually to the future squeak46
> repository if needed.

Yip.