[Pharo-users] [squeak-dev] FFI syntax

Nicolai Hess nicolaihess at web.de
Fri Oct 17 23:41:49 UTC 2014

> And no,ffi examples are not in squeak map.
>
> Then why not make an entry for them there so the next person can find
> them?  It is really very easy to do that (see [1]).
>
> I made entries for a lot of projects that aren't mine, but the only
> way to get out of this rut as a community is to embrace our catalog as
> a community.

I'll try it.

SqueakMap documentation for FFI Core and Tests appears to be
> up-to-date.  If you have found a working "FFI Examples" somewhere
> (mirandabanda.org?) and you got it working in 4.5 or trunk,

I tried to find the maintainer (
http://forum.world.st/Maintainer-of-FFI-Package-td4781017.html) or whoever
made the latest changes,because, the latest comment for FFI-Unix: "made the
XLib examples actually work (Window is an unsigned int handle, not a
struct)"
sounds like they should work now, but as far as I understand the code, this
can not work, I would like
to clearify this.

Did you use the 4.5 image *and* the vm from Squeak 4.5 all-in-one?
Because I can not get it to work not on linux (ok, ubuntu 10.04 32 Bit I'll
try it on
a more recent version) and not on windows (Windows 7 32 Bit)

I hope
> you'll add an entry to SqueakMap..  I'll help!

Thank you for your help.