[squeak-dev] Using libraries in FFI

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 15:49:08 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 8:46 AM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Annick,
>
> On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 5:45 AM, Annick Fron <list at afceurope.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Eliot,
>>
>>         My problem is not with the VM, my problem is with my own library
>> that I connect to through FFI.
>> I know where the libraries are !
>>
>> I have tried to add them in /etc/ld.so.conf.d , that does not work.
>> I have tried export LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but somehow it erases some libraries
>> needed by pharo.
>>

> But if you use the script I include with my VMs it won't erase.  It
> extends LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  Find an example attached.

Here's the operative line (the last one). PLUGINS is the directory
containing VM plugins, SVMLLP is "Smalltalk VM LD_LIBRARY_PATH" and
specifies the directories containing the C libraries the VM depends on (C
library, libuuid, etc).

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PLUGINS:$SVMLLP:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH} exec "$BIN/squeak" "$@"

--
best,