[squeak-dev] Re: Updating 4.5 or getting a recent build of 4.6

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 20:19:31 UTC 2014

Hi Jeff,

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 1:06 PM, Jeff Gonis <jeff.gonis at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> Just wanted to PING the list again to see if anyone had any feedback.
> Am I just seeing a crash that no one else is seeing and it is
> something with my setup, is there a safe VM version that people are
> using to update from the trunk image, and is anyone else able to grab
> the image that Marcel posted and do a successful update on the trunk?
>
> I am just playing around with the image Marcel posted and it is just
> fine for getting work done, but my OCD tendencies flare up a bit
> knowing that I am not working with fully updated code.
>
> Any help or at least just letting me know that this is a problem on my
> end rather than the trunk would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure whats going on.  Perhaps your image has got into a strange
state.  I have no problems updating the 4.5 image from the all-in-one to
trunk as part of the Spur image bootstrap.  See
http://www.squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/branches/Cog/image/buildspurtrunkimage.sh/
 You might try checking-out
http://www.squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/branches/Cog/image and running the
script to check.  The script downloads an up-to-date VM, the All-in-one,
changes the update repository, updates, then builds a VMMaker image and
then uses that to convert the updated trunk to Spur.  This has been working
well for a couple of months.

HTH
--
best,