[squeak-dev] Re: "Code bubbles" - a prototype IDE

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 13:34:05 UTC 2014

On 2 September 2014 13:33, Marcel Taeumel
<marcel.taeumel at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de> wrote:
> The Code Bubbles UI is not file-centric anymore. Fine, just like in Smalltalk
> tools. But for the rest, there are not many similarities. If you compare
> those *bubbles* against Smalltalk System Browser windows, the bubbles just
> win considering screen real estate. :)
>
> Could you elaborate on other things in Code Bubbles that you would credit
> Smalltalk environments for being the first who did it? :)

I don't particularly care who did things first. What I care about is
stealing shiny baubles from people who've done the hard work of
thinking things through. And so I raised the topic here so that those
who know better than me can pick through the bits and let us know
which parts are worth stealing.

frank