[squeak-dev] squeak.org downloads

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 12:16:18 UTC 2014

On 6 September 2014 05:42, Casey Ransberger <casey.obrien.r at gmail.com> wrote:
> Gigantor snip. Read rest of thread for context.
>
> On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 12:17 AM, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>

>> Is it possible to automate this debification?
>

>  That's gotta be Socratic. You know how to do it! :D Use the CI, Luke...

Would the Socratic method be effective in turning getting people to do
what I want?

More seriously, I had forgotten that this package is strictly a
local-use, non-public debfile meant to address our own production
server issues, but _even so_ if you have to hand-roll a new debfile
every time you want to upgrade those prod servers, well, you're going
to get blisters.

So like that great mathematician said, paraphrased by Tom Lehrer,
paraphrased by me, "automate, automate, automate" [1].

frank

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQHaGhC7C2E

frank

frank