[squeak-dev] Re: MethodMassage loading instructions?

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 21:54:33 UTC 2014

Hi Frank,

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 2:16 PM, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Eliot,
>
> I thought I'd take a random stab at loading up MethodMassage, but the
> ss3 repository doesn't say much, installation-wise. So I just did the
> obvious, and fired up Installer.
>
> I get this when loading:
>
> This package depends on the following classes:
>   EncoderForSistaV1
>   EncoderForNewsqueakV4
> You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load
> these definitions:
>   EncoderForNewsqueakV4 class>>literalIndexOfBytecodeAt:in:
>   EncoderForSistaV1 class>>literalIndexOfBytecodeAt:in:

They're a) optional and b) in BytecodeSets on VMMaker.

You'll also need MethodMassageCompatibility (if that's the right name).

I think the last two versions of MethodMassage will work with SPur and
prior to that will work with Cog.  I need Spur and the multiple bytecode
sets to go into circulation for this churn to settle down.  Apologies.

In what package would I find these? VMMaker?

--
best,
Eliot