[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Collections-nice.582.mcz

Yoshiki Ohshima Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Tue Sep 23 17:50:20 UTC 2014

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 9:28 AM, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>  And, if he's too busy to do your paperwork then
>>> throw it out?
>>
>> Yes, to put it bluntly. I don't understand why this upsets you so
>> much, Chris. Yes, it's annoying boring paperwork nonsense that keeps
>> lawyers employed. It still needs doing.
>
> What upsets me is that you would deny Squeak and the entire Smalltalk
> community the license that has _already_  been very explicitly
> granted, and even reprinted by Cincom under their own domain.
>
> By your strict standard not even Cincom is authorized to include it in
> VW, even though that's what Travis explicitly suggested.  It's just
> silly..

I think it is important to ask and get the clarification.  We spent a
year or so to contact many, many people including heirs of deceased
contributors.
I think it indeed is important to make sure that Squeak as a whole
stays to be clearly MIT licensed.  The license agreement signature was
needed to relicense code that was included before we started the
process of relicensing.

--
-- Yoshiki