[squeak-dev] Re: bad UI bug introduced with recent list highlightiong changes.

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 02:40:07 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 7:05 PM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
> You know, we're supposed to be trying to get Squeak 4.5 and Squeak 5
> released and instead there's a sudden slew of major UI changes.  This really
> doesn't help.  How long are these UI changes going to continue?  Surely the
> right time for this kind of innovation is early in the release cycle.

Yes, earlier is always better for everything.  Don't worry, we can
resolve this with a preference if we need to.  However we have a wave
of exquisite-talent energy flowing in at the moment.  Can we keep
going just bit longer?  With the exception of my own few commit
bungles, the quality of the contributions has, IMO, been very good.
This wave coincided with the 4/30 release target date announcement.
These are image-level things that will set 4.6 apart from 4.5, so we
can think of it as "release work".

At this point in the release cycle trying our best with quality is
paramount.  When this wave dies down, we'll know we're ready.  Then
we'll all hammer on a release-candidate, figure out our look and
preferences, strip and clean (including changes file this time) and
then All-In-One it.