[squeak-dev] Re: bad UI bug introduced with recent list highlightiong changes.

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 17:23:18 UTC 2015

On Fri, Apr 3, 2015 at 1:53 AM, Marcel Taeumel
<marcel.taeumel at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de> wrote:
> I guess that I changed that because it started to annoy me recently as I
> highlighted the hovered item in lists and played around with providing
> item-specific balloon texts. No additional click needed there.

The "power of pointing" is a wonderful UI gesture.  It's so energy
efficient for the user.  A simple nudge of the mouse can spawn a lot
of output and, then, simply moving away (one more nudge) reclaims all
the screen space.  Sometimes I like to pop up even /interactive/
panels my Maui apps by merely pointing.

What is remarkable to me is how underrated it is.  I guess Windows'
click-for-focus pretty much blew it out of the water..